Friday, January 11, 2008

P.S I love you

I like the way MCR goes, "I'm noootttt oooookkayyy" Haha very very addictive.

Anyway, no prizes for guessing what i'm doing now. TV's becoming surprisingly boring, with no good shows at all. General Hospital? Days Of Our Lives? I may be bored but i'm not THAT bored. So i keep tuning in to discovery channel which actually has som really good programmes. I mean, who in the world knew that the U.S.S Indianapolis sunk anyway? (Note: sarcasm.)

No, really, they've got some good programmes going on.

So. I realised that i have almost absolutely no clue what's going on with my friends. First, work made me so tired i was too lazy to meet up with them and now they're all really busy with school and the sorts. And then it struck me that hey! that'll be my life once i step up that SQ plane that'll take me to down under where i'll be for the next ten months or so. (Speaking of planes, i just watched flight plan for about the hundredth time and it's still good. The uncertainty of Jodie Foster's mental state and the danger she's in - heart-poundingly exciting) (okay so i spent three lines digressing So What)

But yeah. It's not like i'll be migrating there and not see this Sunny Island again. I mean, people do this all the time. They study abroad and not see their family and friends for a year or so and they survived. And i will.

Still, there's this uncertainty in me. What if i don't fit in? What if i step there and it just so happens that everyone i meet hates me to the core? What if my life just spirals downwards and i miss home so much i get so depressed and i'm constantly broke and i hate my roommate (these are just examples of course)?
My imagination runs wild sometimes. But i read this on angel's blog (she's going to perth) :

Different place, but same God what.

It's true. Same God what. Why should i be so worried? After all, He's brought me here and He'll bring me through.

O'lvl results. First thought: DIE. Second thought: DIE.
Third? I don't need the results.
Yeah, Fine. I really don't need it. But still. I spent ten years studying, wanting to make it far in the Singapore Education System. And then in 07 i got a better opportunity and like all kiasu singaporeans, i grabbed at it. And that's AFTER i paid for the O'lvl fees and like all singaporeans i don't like to waste money. SO. here i am. I can go all melodrama - Indecision tears me apart. But hey like all Singaporeans(most) I don't do drama well.

So to cut it short (hell i spent the last minute typing that out), Like ALL other Singaporeans and slaves of the Education System, i wna do well. I wna get great fabulous results and show off. And if i wasn't leaving, i would proudly tell my relatives the single digit number i got when they interrogate me on CNY. And like a total sucker, i would soak in the heaps of praises they pile on me and finish every single piece of Bah Kwa they provide. My grandparents would give me more hongbao money than any of my cousins and i wouldn't even be ashamed.

But my friends, this isn't how life works.

So, have i said how amazing the Ellen Degeneres show is? Hahaha They've got Joey and JC from N*Sync here. Look at what they made out of Justin Timberlake? I didn't think he was that hot when he had curly hair in N*Sync. I was more into whats-his-name in westlife? Keith? Kein? Whatever. I reckon he's gay now anyway.

Okay i'm running out of thoughts. Sayonara!

No comments: