Sunday, March 8, 2009

Yes I'll make it all mine

Haven’t you ever listened to music that made you cry? It’s like the melodies reach in through flaring nostrils and caress your skin from underneath making all your hairs rise at attention, they too trying to listen. And then all the tingly sensations, the unnamed emotions, culminate at the dam on your eyelids until they fall from your body like a stream flowing over the top of a mountain. I liken it to a musical detoxification treatment; freeing yourself of non-required thoughts and feelings and returning to your inherent self - a being made of love and light.
.
-Jason Mraz
.
I hope all of you enjoyed Mraz while he was in Singapore! I've heard it was One of the Greatest Concerts ever and I can only imagine! He never disappoints, does he! :D Credits to SuperBand too, of course!
.
So while I'm patiently awaiting Mraz to make his way down under to Hordern Pavillion, I can't help but keep his music on the loop - listening to all three albums on repeat. I can't wait for a new album. I can't wait for I'm Yours to stop being constantly played on the radio so I can hear something new! Make it Mine or Butterfly or whatever! All his songs blow me away! (:
.
In the meantime, I noticed yesterday that The Fray was coming to town too! It's on the 24th of March, also at Hordern Pavillion. Secondhand Serenade are guest starring too, although I'm not big on him. Is it too late to get tickets, you reckon? Who would go?
.
We're also looking to watching Chicago the musical! Broadway, bright lights, big stage, an empty arena soon filled to the brim with the masses - I want!
.
And while I make it all mine, there's a whole load of readings left to be done. Well, it takes a crane to build a crane.

No comments: