Saturday, November 1, 2008

Peace

A Psalm of David - Psalm 23.

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want - I do not have any more needs or wants as God will provide. He is everything, the Alpha and the Omega. All have to do is trust in Him.
He makes me lie down in green pastures - We are his sheep, and He is our Shepherd. We are His people and He is God. He wants the best for us and if we obey Him, we will have all the good things in life. If only we believe and obey.
He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul - And this hit me so hard. Remember when I talked about how God wants to quiet us with His love? Probably the same case scenario here. And HE RESTORES MY SOUL. Really! How many people can claim to do that! Our soul is so broken. We are so guilty, so covered with sin. But yet, God is able to change all that. Mind-blowing.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake - And then this saddens me. Because how many a times have I strayed from the path? FOR HIS NAME'S SAKE. Straying from the path then leads us away from God, not towards Him. We are going against His Name. We are rebelling against God.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with Me - It sums it up quite simply. I should fear nothing, for God is on my side. If God is with us, who can be against us?
Your rod and staff, they comfort me - This is a struggle. But it's between me, myself and I. God is ready to accept me with open arms, but will I allow myself to be comforted? Will you?
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies - You allow us to face our enemies with no fear. A table? Meant for eating, maybe? Love thy neighbour as thyself. If God can welcome us with open arms, even with all that we have done to hurt him; Us with all our guilt and sin and shame!, then we should do the same with our enemies.
You Anoit my head with oil - Simply put, God blesses us. He does. All He ever wanted was to share His love and have the best for us!
My cup overflows - God never stops giving. He gave us Jesus Christ, His greatest gift of all. Salvation is a gift, not a reward you have to work for.
Surely goodness and Love will follow me all the days of my life - Surely it will! GOD IS SO GOOD.
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever - Forever and ever. Eternity. Never-ending love and grace. With the One you love; the One who gave you life and breath, the saviour who can move the mountains; the one who made the blind see and the lame walk; the one who promises us heaven, who promises ever-lasting love.


Please, pray for me.


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be trouble and do not be afraid. John 14:27

No comments: