Thursday, April 30, 2009

The heart and the mind doesn't agree

Sometimes the heart gets too much control.


Hi all! (I can say this because I know people read this thing now; Read: HELLO STACEY STEVEN NATHAN REYNOLD ROSAMUND BESTF etcetcetc)

For obvious reasons (Time: 245am) I'll just go straight to the point and do this thing. It's not easy knowing there's an audience to care about.

:D

I got a 65% for my first GOVT essay. Just nudged into a credit there. Not entirely pleased about it but Thank God cos I was incredibly confused at the incredibly complicated way instructions were given. Plus, I got above average - which was 62%.


Anyways. I was just writing in the Blue Book and decided to share this revelation I had today. Epiphany all.

So the message at Powerhouse was really good. Struck a chord. Made me want to sit down for a bit and think. It was especially challenging, but really something worth thinking about.

It was only in the last part of the service when I realised I'd been taking a certain verse in the wrong way. No wonder I ain't digesting.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".


It's all out there. Not very complicating. Very encouraging. God declaring something should be something we better pay attention to!

Thus, I've been using this verse alot - up to the point where it's embedded in my head and I fish for it everytime I'm praying over something difficult (usually exams). Care is sometimes taken to include the words "HOPE" and "FUTURE".

These 2 words just pushes me forward every single time I'm in a place of doubt, closer to a place where I've talked myself into worrying less. It gives me faith that things will turn out alright.

But today, I realised that "HOPE" and "FUTURE" doesn't neccessarily mean good seasons all year round!

In fact, these two words should be taken very literally. Meaning:


HOPE = JESUS

FUTURE = HEAVEN AND ETERNAL LIFE

Easy peasy. I'm ashamed to admit I thought of it as me doing good all the time.


But that's assuming. And SELF-SUFFICIENT.

So many times, because of self-sufficiency, we find ourselves kicked out of the Promise Land. And then doubt creeps like a thief in the night and sets in.

Plus, our God is kooky. He likes to step in at the very last-minute and blow our minds away with the sacred term 'Divine intervention'.


When our HEARTS seems to be losing the battle - THRUST it to GOD. When we have had our hearts broken, torn apart, stabbed and left to bleed itself dry - there's nothing we can do but give that battered heart to Jesus.
For sure He'll heal it. Recovery isn't difficult. It's the giving up of our hearts that is. We care too much and worry too much about it's condition and state.

Similarly, our MINDS go through the same battle. Thoughts of ' What ifs ' and ' Could be's ' - us trying to understand and fanthom what seems ridiculous. But hey, we're not meant to understand everything. If the brain got any smaller, we still wouldn't be able to comprehend it all, hey?


Maybe (just maybe)(hehe) we can all save the trouble and trust God all the time!

COMPLETE AND TOTAL DEPENDENCE.

That way, everyday will be divine intervention. Imagine that. God stepping in and taking control of your life while you take the back seat. It's like being driven around in the best car imaginable and cruising the highways of life without a hoot or care in the world but mad love for the driver. Awesome stuff.

No comments: