Friday, April 17, 2009

I live my life on a heavy rotation

IF YOU WANNA ROCK YOU ROCK, IF YOU WANNA ROLL YOU ROLL :D

This is going to be a lengthy, wordy post. PICTURES ON FB!!!!!:D

Okay so,

Firstly,

JASON MRAZ WAS SOOOO AWESOME!

And When I say Jason Mraz, i meant The Dude Himself. The concert was Alright - meaning mediocre. But Mraz literally blew my mind away. I almost threw my undies at him like Nathan said. I should have bought the disposable pack and written my name with love scribbles and threw the whole pack at his hat. WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT EARLIER HUH HUH HUH!


Well, I Am completely 100% dead serious.

Anyway, the day started out with me waking up with ASSIGNMENTS on my mind. I thought that the 20th was on Tuesday, but realised that i had to hand in two assignments on MONDAY. So I quite literally jumped out of bed and rushed to the computer to get a headstart, however minor it might be! Nathan texted me to meet for lunch at Thai La-Ong, and Steven and KL joined us. We continued talking for quite awhile before I went back to change.

Met Phae at Central before looking for bus 339 that takes us to Hordern Pavilion. THE WHOLE WAY I WAS JUST SMILING LIKE AN IDIOT. We didn't know how to get there and were soooo worried we were taking the wrong bus, or would alight at the wrong stop. After chasing Mraz for almost 2 years now, we didn't want to be at the wrong side of Sydney Right!!
I kept singing: "I'll find a way to you if it kills me, if it kills me" !!!!!! SUPER STALKERISH PLEASE!!!

Hahaha met up with Shawn and we rather up front in the line. Asians EVERYWHERE! Met up with a whole bunch of Singaporeans, and guess who i saw!?
STEPHI!!!!

So coincidental! :D

Anyway, after an hour plus of QUEUING, we finally managed to SQUEEZE our way in. What next?
MERCHANDISE!
Bought two tshirts that were WAY overpriced but hey! What the heck!!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Anyway, guest stars were LISA MITCHELL

Photobucket

and ERIC HUTCHINSON

Photobucket

THEY ARE BOTH SO AWESOME! Seriously when I have the internet i'm gonna torrent them! Talented people!!

Well, the WORST thing about the concert was the WAITING. After lisa mitchell, we had to wait for a longgg time before Eric Hutchinson came on. And then we had to wait even longer for MRAZ to appear!

During those intervals, I

a) had Booze spilled on me
b) Was blocked by three very massive, very tall australians
c) had a fellow usyd singaporean student almost faint on me
d) saw this really young aussie teen faint! She was Right In Front of me and her siblings didn't even notice!!!! She was sooo young! Like, I was right smack behind her and she suddenly turned and i could see she was blacking out.
e) Halfway through the concert another girl fainted!
f) ALSO SAW JIAYI! AND ELEANOR AND YUMIN! So eggciting!

It was so stuffy and people kept pushing. Figures, seeing it was free standing tickets. We were at a pretty good spot at the end though, after navigating past the tallies.

Well, Jason Mraz came on AND WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY?

He sounds SOOOOO FREAKING GOOD LIVE! He's such an interactive and entertaining performer. Plus, HE IS INSANELY HOT!!!!! The way he sang and danced and moved just made me melttttttt!!! GAHHH IM TOTALLY RELIEVING THE MOMENT NOW!!!!! :D :D :D

Photobucket

Superband was way too cool for half the people i know also! Everything was just PERFECT.

Except the crowd.

One of the first song he played off We sing, We Dance, We Steal Things was the Dynamo of Volition! I looked around me hoping for some crazy fans who could memorise that song! I was Sincerely expecting TONNES OF THEM!


But alas, almost no one knew it.

D:

In fact, the only time the crowd went wild was during I'm Yours.

Ever the purist, I was heartbroken. It just didn't feel right. Some people didn't even seem to enjoy it.

But I guess it didn't matter, because It felt so RIGHT just listening to Mraz sing live. To SEE him perform and be one with the music. It was SO INCLUSIVE. He is SO SO SO AWESOME!!!!!

Photobucket


But I had goosebumps when I'm yours came on, which is ironic because that song is way overrated. All the one-hit wonder fans! Grrrrr! Haha!
And I had goosebumps too when Butterfly came on. And Live High. And Make it mine. AND AIYA EVERYTHING LAH!!

AND AND AND HE MENTIONED SINGAPORE WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was bummed he didn't sing The Remedy though! That would take things to a HNL!

Why do I have this feeling you'll be hearing much more about Mraz from now on? Oh, me and my panty-throwing urges HAHA :D


***

Today,

THE ROYAL EASTER SHOW!

Last year, I went with the gang from Taylors. This year, I went with Phae, Alan, Steven, SE & Lulu!

IT WAS SO FUN!!!!!

We met at central and took a train down to the Olympic Park. We were so hyper and pumped up from the start! But of course, right! With people like ALAN around! He should totally join star search! He acts SO WELL! :D

Anyway we started off taking crazy pictures and having so much fun! The weather was perfect! Sunny but not scorching! Had candy floss and corndogs. Watched the pigs race and went to the patting zoo. Saw motorbike stunts and took way too many pictures! Saw fireworks and went on Crazy cool rides!

More importantly,

We bought Light Sabers.

One for five dollars. Made in China.




I SWEAR IT IS THE COOLEST THING EVERRRRRR!

LIKE HELLO WE WERE ALL BATTLING AND BEING ALL STAR WARS LIKE! SO MUCH FUN! :D :D :D

We were even playing with it in the city where we had dinner. Hahaha I really thank GOD for placing such AMAZING friends in my life! They just cheer me up so much!

And now I'm gonna upload pictures on FB! CHECK THEM OUT OKAY! ESPECIALLY THE LIGHT SABER ONES!!!!!


MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

Photobucket

No comments: