Saturday, May 30, 2009

dance in the freedom we know

So last night/this morning KL actually managed to persuade us to walk from darling harbour back home = broadway/glebe.

It was unexpectedly eventful. And i'd love to tell you what happened in my own words, but figured max did it just as well, or rather, much better than I'd do (:

" anyway, today i experienced the most romantic situation i have EVER been in. it was about 12.30am and the whole group of us were walking alongside the sea/habour on some quiet lonely street and it had just rained so the air was really cool and everywhere was wet. i so happened to be walking with Gi (the rest were walking really fast or really slow, haha) and i sooo happened to let her listen to Sea of Love using my ipod 'speakers'. then for some reason, i sooo happened to look up and i saw this beautiful bridge and an enormous aussie flag was at the top wavering in the wind with spotlights shone onto it. and directly in front of me was this totally prefect lomo shot of a alley and a high rickety fence at the entrance of it and it was just...stunning. i was like...woahhhh. and she was like...woahhhh. and we both stood there and was like...woahhhh. hahahahaha!
.
btw, it was just a very phenominal scene/atmosphere and there is NOTHING between Gi and i, HAHA. (ouch max! LIES lolz)
.
today, i also had my first encounter with a totally wasted man. two actually, the first one doesn't really count though. the first one was at Darling Habour where it was relatively crowded and there was this man just lying on his stomach on the ground (next to some puke which i used my expert inference skills to infer that it was produced by him). but when we saw him, two security gaurds just arrived and they were tending to him and all.
the second one seriously made my heart jump. cus we were walking along a quiet (and rather scary) street and i suddenly realised that there was a man curled up, face down on the pavement, and walking past him, we were pretty damn close to him and it occurred to me that he looked dead and i got damn traumatised. i wanted to just keep walking but the rest kinda crowded around him and talked about calling the ambulance and all. but in the end, their expert observation skills told them that the man was breathing. geez, i was too afraid to even look at him! "
.
.
The most romantic situation max mentioned is so true! Can I add that because of minimal light pollution, the stars were Also shining gloriously. And Cat Power's powers i.e Sea of Love (which is now playing on itunes, please!) was playing and although there's like maybe 4 lines in the whole song it's still a really great song & the scenes in juno just keeps replaying in my mind <3>
.
.
Anyways, I was just wondering (while doing my world pol readings JEEZ) of blogging's critics.
Many people that i've met over the last couple years have mentioned that bloggers are getting boring. After all, everyone basically talks about their lives, and there's a lack of depth in post contents.
.
For a while, I was pretty bought over by that thought.
.
After all, why blog if you're just gonna rant about your daily, mundane life, right?
.
.
But then again, why not?
.
Life's amazing, and I think trying to fit all our experiences together in words strung into sentences can be highly exhilerating.
We talk about it all the time - so why not write about it?
.
I'd want to record my life daily. Blogging just makes it easier and more convenient.
I'd want to look back in my archives in say, a decade, and look at today's post and remember of max's and my moment at that spot.
.
Plus, it's so easy. I don't have to manually flip the pages. I can just press control + f and presto type the word in and you get all you're looking for. Oh how i wish we could just do our readings online(:
.
.
So even though I've been blogging increasingly about life as a topic, I want to keep blogging about life as it is - a series of experiences that I'm not going to try and formulate into something bigger, but just leave it as pure memories.
.
.
Back to studying. Have a great day guys. Start/keep blogging! xx

1 comment:

maxine said...

"(ouch max! LIES lolz)"
HAHA. aww you know i didn't mean it. lUrbChXx eUu 4eBaZz <3
hahaha!

and yeah, i don't know how i could have left out the part about the stars. the stars were awesome.