Thursday, May 7, 2009

LOVE

So I've been musing about this for awhile. Love, I mean. I was just going to postpone this post to tomorrow because I felt that maybe a) SLEEP or b) World pol assignment was more important.

But then I just got goosebumps from watching this 8-minute long video.









It blew me away. I was neutral towards Love Story before and thought Viva La Vida was pretty good. But this is like - Up There, man!


You probably don't see a connection between the two (love and the video) but maybe that's not the point. (heh.) I just felt so happy listening to the voiceover explaining the reason for the mash up, and how his daughter was telling him about her favourite part: when there is a change in key and the whole thing about losing hope, and the white dress, and finding Prince Charming. I do no justice in trying to explain it.

But yeah, I was unable to fall asleep one night (for many nights now - therefore, eyebags) and suddenly thought about all the different quotes about love. The famous ones.




"Love is a many splendid thing! Love lifts us up where we belong! All you need is love!"


-Christian, from the movie Moulin Rouge!




Love is indeed such a wonderful thing.



"The greatest thing you'll ever learn Is to love and be loved in return."

-Unforgettable with Love by Natalie Cole

and the movie Moulin Rouge!


It is often the perpetuating force behind so many things - acts of kindness, heartbreaks, relationships, particularly. Love is the reason for so many actions. It is causality and consequence combined as one. It is the pushing factor yet the outcome.


"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down."

-the movie Love and Death


Love does not stand alone. It is a verb - an action word. It is a state of matter, not just matter - though it is that too.


Jamie: How can you see places like this... and have moments like this and not believe?
Landon: You're lucky to be so sure.
Jamie: It's like the wind. I can't... see it, but I feel it.


Landon: Our love is like the wind... I can’t see it, but I sure can feel it


-the movie A Walk To Remember


Love is tangible yet invisible. You see it, you feel it, you embrace it, you shower it.


A Walk To Remember (the movie AND book) always makes me burst with the longing for loving someone and being loved in return. Nope. Wrong. Which makes me GLAD that I AM being loved and that i have the opportunity to love! It's an all-time favourite movie and despite it being nearly-cliche (read: nearly), it always moves me. Yes, to the point where I sink in my seat and wish with all my heart Jamie doesn't die (in the movie). But it was an awesome ending anyways.



"You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."

-unknown


What will we do without love?


I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for their religion

- I have shudder'd at it.

I shudder no more.

I could be martyr'd for my religion

Love is my religion

And I could die for that.

I could die for you.

-John Keats



Love is so, so powerful. It's possible to say we cannot survive without it.


But where does it come from?


"To love another person is to see the face of God."


from the musical Les Miserables


Just as He created the Heavens and Earth; Just as he seperated darkness from light; just as He gave us life - God is really the source of our Love.


Plus, the capacity of His love is just inmeasurable and indescribable. Such massive amounts of love is given to us - just as a Father falls in love with his child when he first sets sight on him/her. Just as when we say 'Will you marry me?' and 'I do'.


Our ability to love and accept love comes from Jesus, who first loved us. We're merely passing on this love. It's part of us now - for we were created in God's image. We have love. We were born because of it and with it and live for it. No nature-nurture debate needed here.



Love is timeless. It is everything and anything. It never disappears, though we lose sight of it.



A heart can be broken; but it keeps beating just the same.


-the movie Fried Green Tomatoes



Love destroys sometimes. It stabs at us because our love seems so great it cannot be bounded and kept within us.



"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone forever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own, than when you almost broke it eight years and a half ago. Dare no say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you."
-Persuasion by Jane Austen




But.



"There is no remedy for love but to love more."


-Thoreau

God Bless xx

1 comment:

Cheryl Neo said...

eh wah. Your post damn long. HAHA