Monday, May 11, 2009

No amount of coffee, no amount of cryin'

Same tune running through my head all day.

Just a quick shout out before I drown myself in the insane pile of assignments.

Before I fell asleep last night, I was just thinking to myself:

"What's the best thing about encouraging someone else?"


And before the endless stream of answers popped up, I realised what a good question it was to ask myself.


Well, Sure, it feels good when people thank you or say small little things like "you've made my day". But it It isn't really about being loved or being complimented. It's not even that I'm being appreciated.

Instead, the best thing is that God is working in other people's lives!

It's not just your own.

And it's amazing how God can use you and your words to encourage someone. You're a third person - a spectator. It's marvellous how God is evidently working and blessing other people.


So the next time you encourage someone, and he/she compliments you or praises you or tells you how much he/she appreciates you - remind yourself the power of God is ten times more evident for you as it is for them.

For we a merely a reflection of God's image. It's God working THROUGH us - our words, actions, thoughts.


Hokay.
World Pol essay due weds, Media assignment and writing test next tues, French test the following week, along with writing assignment. And 3 weeks later I have World Pol test as well as a french oral test. And my last exam (hopefully) is on the 2oth of june - media!

How busy does uni life get? Must mentally prepare myself before I get swallowed up by the tide.

Remember, Geraldine. Focus = God. And all else will fall into place :D

Cheers xx

No comments: