Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Live high, Live mighty, Live righteously

I'm so hungry now I could eat a cow.

PIP is good, so far. I hope I can continue doing it so religiously everyday. As for WEBCT, well, I hope that i'll finish it by next friday!

_

Before I move on, I would like to 'send' my condolescences to Elva's parents. Elva is the girl that fell to her death (see post before) on Sunday. It's such a shame. Such a pity. Such a tragedy. I wasn't all that affected at first. But then today in my first class, Everyone around me was talking about it. And then it hit me hard: Just because I didn't know her, doesn't mean that others don't know her. In fact, I have quite a few friends that were badly affected by this all, including one teacher. I was almost on the verge of tears myself. Life is THAT fragile. Yes, indeed, you can just throw it out the window (no pun intended, please) in a snap of your fingers. Death is not justifiable. There is no valid, good reason for someone to die.

And then when we went to 1.38 to pay our tribute, I realised that i knew the girl! I was badly shaken. I've seen her around so many times. Not once did I say hi. Maybe I smiled, but I can't remember.

Too many losses kinda shakes you awake from this 'perfecto' reverie, doesn't it.

But yes, I do hope that Elva's friends and family would be blessed by God. They are no doubt, left in shambles and broken bits of heartflass. But I do hope that they will take care. I even wrote them a message in Chinese, which is the least I can do. As for Chris, I wish you a speedy recovery.

_

Yep. it's disturbing, isn't it. Sydney is so dangerous. I mean, I've always known that there were killings and that the area around here isn't safe. But one incident (or more: there was a shooting/robbery around zetland last week i think) really opened my eyes. It's scary. I'm scared. And there's nothing I can do but pray for safety. Pray that God will have mercy and grace. Because in this time, we really do need that.

xoxo

No comments: